Spend 4-min. watching Diane's newest online video. Restore/strengthen your compassion for homeless families/youth.
NEW! HEAR US Compassion Epidemic Action Guide!
ADVOCATE Help us make an issue of homeless families and teens!
As issues affecting homeless children, youth and/or families arise, we will post information and suggested actions.
We've succeeded before thanks to folks like you!
- FAFSA FIX VICTORY! Now that unaccompanied homeless youth can more easily apply for financial aid for college we need to make sure people know about it. CLICK HERE for important info to open college doors for qualified homeless youth.
Watch the inspiring 3-minute video on the FAFSA Fix that HEAR US created from our visit to DC in June ‘07. Watch a video of teens lobbying for the right to go to college. 8MB-takes a few moments to download (Filmed and produced by Laura Vazquez, NIU communication professor, HEAR US video collaborator)
OTHER ISSUES and LINKS
- invisible homeless kids, Diane's sporadic blog-thoughts, recently was recognized as one of the top 50 homelessness blogs.
- DIANE'S BLOG opens up an interactive discussion on issues of homelessness, poverty and her travels.
- MY OWN FOUR WALLS tells the story of homelessness in a way that nothing else does. What a great tool to pass on to your member of Congress...TO ORDER
- on the edge: Family Homelessness in America, the HEAR US film which has aired on PBS, illuminates the world of homeless women.
- Littlest Nomads is the newest HEAR US film that calls attention to the mostly ignored homeless baby and toddler population.
- REACH, HEAR US' project to empower incarcerated parents and others.
- VOLUNTEER at a local shelter or pantry.
- COLLECT items needed by homeless families or teens at shelters or schools.
- TUTOR homeless kids at a local school or shelter.
- ARRANGE a showing of My Own Four Walls or on the edge in your community.
- MEET with your local, state government representatives and/or Member of Congress to share My Own Four Walls and/or on the edge to relate your concerns about homeless families and teens.
- DONATE copies of My Own Four Walls, on the edge or other HEAR US materials to local libraries and schools.