REACH, a program of HEAR US, offers links to information on the issue of incarceration and other related topics:
- Family & Corrections Network a clearinghouse for information on this topic.
- CLAIM--fact sheet on women in prison from Chicago Legal Advocacy for Incarcerated Mothers, which provides legal and educational services to maintain the bond between imprisoned mothers and their children.
- Bureau of Justice statistics a sobering collection of data on prisons, jails nationwide from the US Dept. of Justice
- National Institute of Corrections provides training, technical assistance, information services, and policy/program development assistance to federal, state, and local corrections agencies.
- Cook County Sheriff's Women's Justice Services an integrated model of services to prepare women for a successful re-entry.
- Women and Prison A Site for Resistance makes visible women's experiences in the criminal justice system.
- other links of interest? Forward them to